Collection and use of data
2. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”), the data controller is Webwalker Limited, unless otherwise confirmed in writing to you at the time your data is collected by WWL.
3. WWL can obtain personal data from you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, email and payment details) from a number of different sources:
i. When you supply us with your details, when discussing matters over the telephone with us, or if you submit a request for details to be provided to you by mail or email, or via the Website.
ii. When you submit a completed ‘Form’ on the Website to WWL, together with any applicable methods of payment.
iii. Via your individual IP location. This is a function of the Website that enables WWL to assess session information relating to the use of the Website, such as the duration of the visit and the type of browser used. Such information is only used for WWL to evaluate use of the Website, as well as for WWL to diagnose problems with its server and to administer the Website.
iv. Through ‘Cookies’ [in order to provide Customers with the Services detailed on the Website and to give a Customer access to the customer secure area of the Website and to be able to identify the Customer correctly].
4. WWL needs your name, address and/or email address so that it can send out information to you that it thinks may be of interest to you. WWL also requires this information about you in order to fulfil orders and provide you with its services.
5. In order to complete your orders for services, WWL may need to collect information about you to pass to third parties (e.g. contractors and Editors) for the purposes of supplying products and services to you. This will involve the transfer and storage of information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and by providing WWL with this information you provide your consent (and the consent of those included in your group) to transfer such information out of the EEA. The information collected may include your name and any other relevant information required for performance of the services.
6. You have the right to ask WWL not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You also have the right to access information held about you by WWL. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA, as amended from time to time, and any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet WWL’s costs in providing you with details on the personal data we hold about you.
7. WWL operates in accordance with the DPA, and any amendments thereto.
You may at any time unsubscribe to receiving information about WWL by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you change your contact details, please send an email with your new details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information WWL holds about you, you may email WWL at email@example.com.